Thursday, September 02, 2010

Saw this plane going down :(

I usually come home from work to have lunch, leaving at about 11:45 AM. Today was no different, and I was waiting for a green signal at the intersection of Ralston Ave and Oracle Parkway, when I saw this plane going really low.

Usually, these planes taking off from nearby San Carlos airport fly a little higher than this one; and so I was curious. It was not even going fast, somehow seemed very slow to be airborne. Then, it did a sharp right turn, and went further downwards and out of sight behind a building. I remember thinking someone must be feeling very acrobatic, the way the flight looked from below. I came home and found in Mercury News that the plane crashed into the Redwood Shores Lagoon, and folks in the plane died. Here is the article: http://www.mercurynews.com/top-stories/ci_15975084

Reading about such accidents seems so surreal when you were witness to them. Its an odd feeling.

2 comments:

Shankar said...

oh!!!!

Anonymous said...

ohh..thats sad.
It must be bizzare to read an article on a mishap that u saw just some time back:(